This is going to be a quick post. I’ve made this granola a couple of times and feel the need to get the word out on the street. It’s so good. Good for munching, breakfast, snacks, dessert. Whenever your sweet tooth calls. This has been a huge hit with everyone who has sampled and makes a big batch so there’s enough to share. Have at it!
adapted from Sweet
4 c (13 oz) rolled oats
1 1/2 c (5.25 oz) sliced raw almonds
1 c (3.5 oz) raw hazelnuts, chopped
1/4 c (1 oz) cocoa nibs
1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c honey
1/3 c canola oil
2 t vanilla
8.25 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1-2 t flaked sea salt
- Heat oven to 250. Line a large baking sheet (13×18 inches or larger) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, hazelnuts and cocoa nibs.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, sugar, honey, canola oil and vanilla.
- Pour the wet over the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Spread the granola on the prepared sheet and bake for about an hour, until the nuts are turning golden brown.
- Pull the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chopped chocolate over top. Let sit for a couple of minutes, then spread it evenly with an offset spatula. Sprinkle liberally with sea salt. Cool at room temp or int he fridge. This keeps for at least a couple of weeks in a sealed container in the fridge.